Business Licenses Overview
The Office of Buildings' Zoning Enforcement Division processes business license applications (available through the Business Tax Division) to verify if a business can exist in the desired location. The Zoning Enforcement Division conducts research to verify that there is permitted use based on the district regulations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
APPLYING FOR A BUSINESS LICENSE
- Business licenses in the Zoning Enforcement Division are processed on the same day if you are submitting your business license application in person. Some licenses may require site inspections or further research to determine approval, which will require additional days to review.
- The Office of Revenue stops processing new business license applications at 4:00 p.m. daily.
- The average processing time for a mail in application is 3-5 weeks.
- Generally, walk-in customers are able to complete the process in less than an hour and a half. However, this estimate is heavily dependent on the having all appropriate documents readily available and the volume of customers.
- Business licenses must be renewed each year by completion of a Business License Renewal Application, also known as the Annual Business Tax Return.
- Renewals are due on or before February 15th of each year. Business licenses expire on December 31 annually.
Zoning Enforcement Division
55 Trinity Avenue
3rd Floor, Suite 3800
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Zoning Enforcement Lead
PhoneThế giới cá: (404) 330-6178
Office of Buildings Homepage
Thế giới cá