About Sign Permits
Sign permits are issued by the City of Atlanta to “regulate the erection and placement of signs within the City of Atlanta in order to provide safe operating conditions for pedestrian and vehicular traffic without unnecessary and unsafe distractions to drivers and/or pedestrians.” ().
Thế giới cáA sign is “any device, fixture, placard, display, or structure visible to the general public that uses or is designed to use any color, form, graphic, illumination, symbol, writing, or visual presentation of any kind to advertise, announce, draw attention to, or identify a product, place, activity, person, institution, business, or other entity or to communicate a message or information of any kind to the public.” “A ‘sign’ shall include both ‘sign face’ and ‘sign structure.’” ().
PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN A SIGN PERMIT
- FILL OUT APPLICATION - If you wish to erect or place a sign within the City of Atlanta, please complete the Sign Permit Application Packet, and submit the completed form in person.
- PROVIDE YOUR PLANS - Please provide two (2) copies of plans depicting accurately scaled street front elevations, accurately scaled sign renderings, and accurately scaled site plans for free-standing signs.
- SUBMIT AND PAY - Submit the application along with at least half of the permit fees in person to the Office of Buildings, Zoning Enforcement Division at 55 Trinity Ave., Suite 3900, Atlanta, GA 30303.
After you receive an invoice from the Zoning Enforcement Division, you will need to make and confirm payment has been made before the sign plan review process can begin. All payments must be made on the first floor of City Hall at the Cashier’s window. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, certified bank check or money order. You cannot pay online and you cannot submit an application online.
- ZONING SIGN PERMIT PLAN REVIEW - Plan review can take up to thirty (30) days for the Zoning Enforcement Division to review your sign permit application.
- APPROVAL AND REMAINING PAYMENT - Upon approval, the remaining balance must be paid in order to receive your Sign Permit.
SIGN PERMIT APPLICATION PACKET -
Ordinance 15-O-1394: Click here for details.
Sign Permits - Zoning Enforcement Division
55 Trinity Avenue
3rd Floor, Suite 3800
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Lead Zoning Enforcement Inspector
PhoneThế giới cá: (404) 330-6178
Office of Buildings Homepage
Thế giới cá