The Promise Zone designation from HUD does not provide grant funding. However, it does allow the Lead Organization (City of Atlanta) to certify an organization that is seeking certain federal grants and/or assistance with preference points. To do this, the City signs a HUD-50153 to certify that the proposed activities/projects in the grant application are consistent with the goals of the Promise Zone. This document is then uploaded into E-Grants by the organization seeking funds.
Thế giới cáIn order to determine whether an applicant’s projects/activities are consistent with the goals of the Westside Promise Zone, the City of Atlanta’s Office of Housing and Community Development (HCD) provides an application for interested organizations to submit.
Any organization seeking Promise Zone preference points should submit the following to PromiseZone@AtlantaGa.Gov at least 5 business days prior to the due date for a federal grant application:
- A completed and signed Promise Zone preference points certification application.
- A PDF version of the NOFA from the federal agency or department.
- At least one phone number and email address that the organization can be reached at for additional information and/or clarification.
- A Word or PDF document with a draft of the grant narrative. This document is not expected to be the final version that will be submitted into E-Grants.
Thế giới cáIf you do not notify HCD at least 5 business days prior to the deadline, you request may not be evaluated in time for the deadline.
Please keep in mind that your organization may not be the only one applying for a particular grant. If HCD receives multiple qualifying applications for certification on the same federal grant, it will prioritize competing applications by considering the following criteria:
- The percentage of the grant that would be dedicated to the Westside Promise Zone. Organizations committing more of the potential award to the Westside Promise Zone will receive priority consideration.
- The capacity of the applicant organization to implement the grant.
- The past performance of the applicant organization.
- The order in which applications were received. Applications received before others will receive priority consideration. Therefore, organizations are encouraged to submit an application to HCD as soon as possible.
Thế giới cáIf an organization is provided certification for its application, HCD will provide a signed HUD-50153 form. If an organization that receives preference points on a grant application is awarded a grant, it must notify HCD immediately and enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Atlanta. This MOU will commit the organization to providing monthly, quarterly and annual metrics on the performance of the project or activity.
Thế giới cáIf you have any questions about the certification process, please contact PromiseZone@AtlantaGa.Gov.