The Atlanta Fire Rescue Department (AFRD) is seeking qualified and committed individuals for the position of Firefighter/ Advanced-EMT (Recruit). The AFRD staffs 35 fire stations, including five stations at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. We have more than 1,100 employees, sworn and civilian, serving an area of 132 square miles within the Atlanta city limits.
Thế giới cáAs a Firefighter/Advanced-EMT, you will protect life and property by enforcing all city fire codes and ordinances, including applicable State regulations. The City of Atlanta offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health and life insurance, a retirement pension, annual vacation, sick leave accruals, and paid holidays.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statement on duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related to a logical assignment of the position. Each individual in the classification does not necessarily perform all the duties listed:
- Responds to emergency incidents including accidents, fires, and medical calls
- Provides fire control / suppression duties
- Performs rescue extrication work
- Prevents disastrous incidents from affecting lives and property and maximizes the saving of lives and property when disasters do occur
- Maintains working knowledge of hydraulics, water supplies, pumping apparatus, fire codes, etc
- Maintains apparatus and fire station equipment, furnishings, structures and fire station grounds
- Attends training to learn proper and updated methods, procedures, and techniques
- Works to achieve the highest level of cooperation and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of fire protection within the City of Atlanta
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Interested candidates must submit an online application. To apply, please click
The application period will close on February 18th, 2018 at 11:59pm (EST). Only ONLINE applications will be accepted.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department Background and Recruitment Section at 404-546-7020 or by email at AFR-FireRecruitment@atlantaga.gov.
If you have submitted an application please check your email regularly to receive any future correspondence related to your application and selection process. If you feel you are not receiving your emails please check your "spam" or "junk" email folders.