Thế giới cáTo report a downed tree on weekends, holidays and after hours, please call 911.
Thế giới cáFor trees on private property, contact the Office of Buildings at 404.330.6874.
Thế giới cáAdrienne Wright
Special Events Coordinator
City of Atlanta--Office of Parks
- All pets, including dogs, cats, snakes, birds, pigs, etc., are prohibited in parks - leash or no leash - during all festivals with a class A, class B or class C festival permit, unless part of a planned festival program or assisting persons with disabilities. (Please refer to the festival classification schedule below.) This is for the pet's protection as well as for the protection of festival patrons. [Sec. 110-70 (d)]
- Class A permit – Anticipated cumulative attendance of 50,000 people or more. (Examples: Atlanta Jazz Festival, Screen on the Green, Dogwood Festival, Atlanta Pride Festival)
- Class B permit – Anticipated cumulative attendance of 20,000 to 49,999.
- (Example: Virginia-Highlands SummerFest)
- Class C permit – Anticipated cumulative attendance of 10,000 to 19,999.
- (Examples: AIDS Walk, Inman Park Spring Festival)
- Class D permit – Anticipated cumulative attendance of 2,000 to 9,999.
- Class E permit – Anticipated cumulative attendance of 250 to 1,999.
- (Various small neighborhood festivals)
- Note: For information on planning a special event inside the City of Atlanta and to download a special event permit, please visit the Office of Special Events.
- No horses or ponies are allowed in any park at any time. [Sec. 110-71]
- Outdoor cooking is prohibited except in areas where a city grill has been provided for public use. (Exception: authorized outdoor festival or special event vendors.) [Sec. 110-76 (a)(4)]
- Charcoal-fired portable grills are prohibited during festivals. Portable gas grills are acceptable only if situated within five feet of a City-provided grill. Used charcoal must be deposited in City-provided receptacles that are clearly marked for charcoal disposal. [Sec. 110-76 (a) (3)]
- Tents and canopies larger than 10 ‘x 10’ are prohibited without written permission from the Commissioner of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs. [Sec. 110-59 (a)(12)]
- Driving of stakes, posts or poles for any reason (including erecting tents or other structures) is forbidden without prior written permission from the Commissioner of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs. [Sec. 110-59 (a)(10)]
- No motorized vehicles are allowed, except for use by emergency and festival personnel. No bicycle, motorcycle, or moped riding is allowed during event times. No skateboard riding or roller-skating is allowed during event times. [Sec. 110-76 (a)(1)]
- No playing of portable radios, musical instruments or similar devices that are plainly audible to others in the park, unless part of event programming. [Sec. 110-76 (a)(2)]
- Glass containers are prohibited in parks. [Sec. 110-59 (a)(13)]
- Please place all litter in designated receptacles. [Sec. 130-11 (a)]
For more information about scheduling a special event, call the Office of Special Events at 404.330.6741 or 404.330.6395.