Due to reduced staff and additional impacts from the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Department of Public Works is experiencing delays in Solid Waste Services. This page is being updated regularly as changes occur. Please check back frequently for updates.
The Department of Public Works is committed to remaining agile and providing world-class services to the citizens of Atlanta. The safety of our customers, volunteers, and staff is our primary concern. Knowing this, we have decided to suspend or postpone some community events and activities.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience during these difficult times. Solid Waste collection information, regarding disposal days and locations, can be found on the portal below. Departmental updates, regarding essential operations and non-essential activities, can also be found below.
Yard Trimmings Collections:
- Yard trimmings are currently suspended
Household Solid Waste Collections
- There are no changes to the solid waste collections schedule.
- Please continue to place all carts curbside by 7 p.m. the night before your collection day.
- All household trash must be in plastic bags and may not be placed loosely inside the trash cart. Customers are encouraged to use other receptacles to place waste items in or request an additional city-issued bin.
- If it doesn't fit schedule it. All large trash items that do not fit in the cart must be scheduled for a bulk collection at http://everafterbox.com/solidwaste.
- Household items placed curbside must be cart contents only. Items placed outside of the garbage or recycling cart will not be collected.
Bin/Cart Delivery Operations:
- Bin/cart delivery is currently delayed
- Customers are encouraged to use a generic/non-city issued containers in addition to city issued carts if experiencing an increase in household waste or recycling.
- For more information how to order a new garbage or recycling bin/cart, visit www.atl311.com or dial (404) 546-0311.
- Recycling collections are currently delayed.
- All large recycling items that do not fit in the cart must be held for the next scheduled .
- All items placed curbside for recycling collection must continue to be clean, loose (not bagged), dry, and fit in the recycling cart.
Street Sweeping Operations:
- Street sweeping is currently suspended
- All yard trimmings must continue to be placed in paper bags for collection.
Keep Atlanta Beautiful Commission (KABC) Activities
- Summer Citywide Scrap Tire Amnesty – Postponed until further notice
- August Atlanta Recycles Day at Greenbriar Mall | TBD
Education & Outreach
- 2020 Code Academy | 5-week course - TBD
- WAWA Science Festival – Cancelled
- Flat Iron Outreach Event – Cancelled
- Weekly Cleanups – Resumed Tuesday, June 9th. Restricted to Mayor's Reopening Guidelines. View Cleanup guidelines and resources here.
- Great American Cleanup – Spring start date was postponed | End date extended through September 20
CHaRM reopened May 19th at 9am by appointment only. Appointments are now being accepted at:
Please review the safety guidelines in place prior to your scheduled appointment.
- ATL311 & SWEET Training – TBD
- August Board Meeting –TBD
- 2020 Financial Disclosure – TBD
Feet on the Street (FOTS)
- Suspended until further notice
- Mayor Bottom's Five-Phase Plan to Reopen the City of Atlanta
- City of Atlanta Solid Waste Operations FAQ's