Large Gathering in a Park Guidelines and
Thế giới cáAnyone planning a “Large Gathering “ in a park, where the gathering is reasonably expected to have more than 75 but not more than 250 people, and is reasonably expected to last for one hour or longer, then a Large Park Gathering permit is required.
If you would like to host an event in a city park with more than 75 people that do NOT include the erection of stages or tents larger than 10 x 10, commercial advertising or product sampling, amusement rides/activities, selling of merchandise, selling of food/beverages and/or alcohol, then you need to submit the following:
- Large Gathering in a Park Application
- $50 Application Fee (check, money order, or credit card-not American Express)
- $100 Refundable Sanitation Bond (money order only)
You do not require a permit from Special Events Office if you are planning an event on the following City of Atlanta properties:
- Chastain Amphitheater-call (404) 233-8889
- Chastain Horse Park-call (404) 252-4244 ext 28
- Atlanta Botanical Garden-call (404) 876-5859 ext. 1585
- Zoo Atlanta-call (404) 624-5650
- Piedmont Park Multi-purpose complex/Magnolia Hall-call (404) 875-7275
- Underground Atlanta-call (404) 523-2311
- Centennial Park-call (404) 223-4412
A completed Large Gathering in a Park application should be mailed, faxed or submitted in person to the Office of Parks or the Mayor’s Office of Special Events no more earlier than 90 calendar days and no less than 15 calendar days ( 30 days if using portable toilets, banners, amplified sound or generators) prior to your event. All applications received by the Mayor’s Office of Special Events will be forwarded to the Parks Department.